Basement leakage can be caused by window drainage.
If window wells are not properly installed, improperly sized, or is clogged, water drainage can cause water to leak into the basement. And if the window well isn’t draining properly, water can accumulate in the well. This accumulated water can drain directly into your basement causing substantial damage.
Problem & Solution:
If mold problems exist in your basement or crawl space, it can even affect the health of your upstairs living space. Mold spores and dust mites integrate and magnify allergies which can trigger asthma.
One helpful solution is to fix existing and known water leaks. Don’t forget to dry and put in a filter for the air in your basement or crawl space. This can drastically prevent mold growth and even oftentimes eliminate dust mites.
There is help! Expert Waterproofing does the following:
- Waterproof basements and crawl spaces with our drainage system, sump pump and vapor
- Control humidity & filter the air with our certified EnergyStar dehumidifiers
- Treat existing mold problems
- Install waterproof, mold-resistant materials for basement wall panels and flooring
Tips to reduce mold growth
- Help stop any water from coming into your basement or crawl space with a waterproofing system.
- Reduce humidity levels and dry out the air in a basement or crawl space.
- Remove materials (drywall, fabrics, carpeting, etc.) damaged by mold and replace with mold-resistant materials.
- Repair any known plumbing leaks.
- Make sure gutters & downspouts are working effectively and remove excess debris and gunk away from the foundation.